We are delighted to announce that we now have dates arranged for our next beginner’s course. It will start at 7.30pm on Thursday 24th September 2020 and run weekly for eight weeks.
Purpose of the course: to teach you the basics of beekeeping so you are ready to start beekeeing in the spring, either with your own hive, or by attending sessions at our teaching apiary.
This is a very similar course to the ones we have run previously but adapted slightly so we can deliver it via Zoom. It is the perfect introduction for anyone considering taking up beekeeping or even just interested in finding out more about honey bees.
We will cover the following topics:
- Introductory session
- A quick guide to bee biology
- Setting up your apiary … and your bee garden
- Beekeeping equipment
- Managing the bees
- The beekeeping year
- Keeping bees healthy
- Products of the hive
As this is our first Zoom version of the course, there is just an introductory fee of just £10 per person. You will need to have a computer, tablet, or smart phone able to access the Zoom virtual conferencing software. Please note that places are limited and can only be offered to participants in the Croydon and surrounding areas. We will not be able to offer practical support going forward if you do not live in the area.
If you would like to register please contact email@example.com
You can download a pdf flyer for the course here.
- For those who want to learn more you will be welcome to join Croydon Beekeepers and take part in our range of activities.
- A face-to-face afternoon session in the new year (subject to Government guidance in force at the time)
- WhatsApp group that provides informal support
- Practical sessions in our teaching apiaries in spring 2021 (subject to Government guidance in force at the time).
- Honey extraction meeting in the summer
… and for those that get hooked …
a lifetime of learning about bees and beekeeping.